One of the great things about being a writer is finding lots of writerly friends - and being invited to parties when their newest book is launched. I love a book launch! And yesterday's launch of Emily Eases her Wheezes! was special for several reasons:
1. It's the newest book When I See Grandma illustrator, Leigh Hedstrom has illustrated (her 3rd book now).
2. It's a new book from my publisher, Wombat Books, and written by my friend, Hope FM presenter, Katrina Roe.
3. The location was divine - you couldn't beat the view - and so apt - a beach party (complete with beach towels to snuggle in and listen to the story) for a book about Emily the Elephant who takes to swimming to overcome her asthma and enjoys going to the beach with her friends!
4. it's not every day you get to publicize and sell your own book at someone else's launch - but here is my book alongside Katrina's two - representing Leigh's trifecta! Thank you, Katrina for your generosity - and I hope Emily is a swimming success!
With Valentine's Day on the weekend, and thoughts turning to LOVE, here are three ideas to celebrate the day:
1. How about encouraging children to show love to their grandparents with 'When I See Grandma'? Buy it, borrow it, talk about how we show love. If you're a teacher, it's good to know that it's on the NSW Premier's reading challenge, and now comes with comprehensive
teacher's notes (find them here) and fits in perfectly with the HSIE units 'This is me' and 'Families past and present'
2. Who doesn't love flowers? Head over to my activity page to find out how to make a flower to give to someone you love.
3. What better way to say I love You than with a book? Valentine's day is also International Book Giving Day. Head over to this website to find out how to be involved:
And whatever you do, lets all love lavishly!
Happy Valentines Day